Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Week In The Life of Sara: Monday

Week In The Life Day 1. Exciting stuff!

Man, these posts are going to be photo heavy. And I'm just posting highlights! Get excited though, for you are about to take a glimpse into the life of Sara.

I woke up around 8:30 and did some reading. Kishkumen was a pretty bad dude.


Here's my room. It's messy. Hopefully it will be cleaner by the end of the week. That's always the goal, but we'll see.


I planted herbs on Saturday: cilantro, basil, spearmint, parsley, fennel. So my new daily task is watering them. I makeshifted a watering can out of a styrofoam cup.


Borrowed the roommate's full-length mirror for a shot of myself.


10:00 am - work time! My computer is pinkie-fied. :)


Breakfast is Berry Basic Granola. I usually eat breakfast at work, since I don't like to eat right when I wake up.


I have started wearing my skates at work, so that I can get used to them. Tryouts are tomorrow!


New tea! SpritMint from Urth Caffe. It's pretty good!


Crazy flower leaf things were everywhere today.


2:00 pm - Lunch is an egg sandwich on wonderful marble rye bread.


Snacktime! Truffles and sunflower seeds.



6:00 pm - After a long day of hard work, finally heading home!


FHE is ultimate frisbee. I actually did pretty well, surprisingly. 


We rearranged Colette's room. Nick helped.


I organized a package to Craig - this has been a month in the making, haha. I know he will be happy to get it.


Included a letter to him with my new seal!


I went crazy getting rid of things tonight, since Colette is taking a load to DI tomorrow. Here I am posing with all my claw machine wins. I'm not sure what to do with them all. We're keeping them for now.


And in my cleaning, I found my leaf canopy from Ikea. It's a LOT bigger than I thought it was going to be. Hope I can find room for it!


Today I kept a tally of how many times I checked facebook. The total was 20 times. I don't know how much time I spent there, but I'd say each visit was at least a couple minutes long. Some much longer. I might have a problem.

I had a sweet idea to get a gorillapod and attach it to my scooter's handlebars. Then I have easy camera access and I could record a sweet time lapse of my journeys to various places.

An observation: As an ENFP, I find myself in existential crises often. Everyday something new makes me question my purpose and identity. I've also found recently that I do actually look for change a lot. This is another ENFP characteristic. I put a lot of trust in authority figures and what they say (and so may go along with established procedures easily), but personal change is a big goal for me.

People think that I'm a hipster. I think that I'm too passionate to be a hipster, but I guess the evidence is stacked against me: I use Apple products, I'm a photographer, I drive a scooter, I have and regularly wear many pairs of fake glasses, and I own hats and colored skinny jeans. Dang. 

It feels really good to mark something off of my to do list. Today I got quite a few things done, and I feel fantastic.

Look forward to day 2!


2 comments:

The Mann Fam said...

Enjoyed seeing your day. Brought back lots of great memories of when I was at the Y almost a hundred years ago. You'll love looking back on these memories. Have a great day, sweetie.

Trish said...

I am late replying, but I wanted you to know I absolutely enjoyed your day! Love how you watered the plants (great idea!), loved the photos and your openness in sharing.