Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Week In The Life of Sara: Friday

Today was long. It started at 4:00 am, and I was out the door soon after.


I was heading to California for a wedding. It was dark for the first couple of hours.


And it was SOO EARLYYYYY.


Eventually it got light.


My rental car had a sweet mpg measure - it didn't show average, but your actual mpg at that moment. I was fascinated.


I love the red rock in St. George.


Arizona!



Nevada!


Terrible's Terrible's is no more! :( We would always stop there. Now it's the Primm Center. Ew.


California!


Best road ever.





And home!


A special thanks to Mtn. Dew and goldfish for their roles in keeping me awake. This is the first caffeinated soda I've had in YEARS. I only did it because I was driving by myself.


And a super special thanks to Mr. Ben Folds. This three-disc set was what I listened to for the bulk of the day.


Another purpose of my visit was to start car shopping. Dad and I test drove a Ford Fiesta, a Subaru Impreza, and a Nissan Versa. We're also looking at the Mazda3. All hatchbacks. All smallish. 


Home-cooked dinner. Bratwurst patties and hashbrown casserole.


Found WONDERFUL new leggings at Target. They'll be perfect for derby.


And joined Sophia for her bachelorette party. It was fun. I'm excited for the wedding.


I'm glad my dad takes care of me. He is good at dealing with salesmen and he knows a lot about cars. I wouldn't know the first thing to ask.

My grandma is getting worse off, and it makes me sad. I'm glad I'm out here to see her, but she's getting so forgetful. She has been really good up until recently and I worry we might lose her soon.

Sophia and I have this wonderful relationship where we can not see each other for months and then just pick right back up when we see each other. We've been friends for 6 years now, and I'm so excited for her to marry her best friend tomorrow.

Also, I like driving, and Dad's an ISTJ.


1 comment:

tginguyen said...

Found your blog through Ali's -- Long drive but beautiful captures! Hope you had a great at the wedding!