Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Some Nights

As some of you might know, fun. has been one of my favorite bands for a while.

However, their sophomore album, Some Nights, was released recently, and I'm just not sure about things. You see, it's not a bad album. It's just...different.

I've listened to it through 12 times now, and here's the breakdown:

Great tracks

  • Some Nights
  • We Are Young
  • Carry On
Decent tracks
  • Some Nights (Intro)
  • Why Am I The One
  • All Alone
  • Out On The Town
Terrible tracks
  • It Gets Better
  • All Alright
Tracks that deserve to die a gruesome death
  • One Foot
  • Stars
Let me tell you why One Foot and Stars are so bad. One Foot consists of the same trumpet/synth track played OVER and OVER and OVER. A repetitive waste of time. In Stars, they AUTO-TUNED Nate. NATE DOES NOT NEED AUTO-TUNING. 

Not to say I hate the new stuff, though. Overall, it is growing on me. It's nice to hear We Are Young on the radio, but it's weird that all of a sudden, fun. is super popular. We Are Young is topping charts all over the place and now people actually know who they are.

For you people just discovering fun., I definitely recommend you check out their first album - Aim and Ignite. I think it holds a certain charm that you won't find in Some Nights.

As for me, I'll keep listening and supporting the band, but perhaps not with the same fervor I had before.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I couldn't even get through "It Gets Better." The title is right... it gets much better. It couldn't get worse.