Thursday, June 23, 2011

What time is it? Blogging time!

Thrice weekly blog post 11 of 15

So. My 101 project. As seen in detail on this post.

Here are some updates. I've now completed 20 of the 101 goals. Another 20 or so are currently in progress.

Picking up from my previous update post, here's what's been going down:

Completed:

6. Visit a new country - My workplace graciously paid for me to visit Jamaica in May. I stayed in Kingston for a week and it was...interesting.

18. No fast food for a month - I did this the month of September. It was awesome. No life changes - I'm still eating out - but I feel like I make better choices now.

23. See 3 bands on my 'need-to-see' list - I saw Ben Folds (with the Utah Symphony) last July, fun. in October, and lady danville in February. Good times.

32. Send a secret to PostSecret - Done. It wouldn't be a secret if I told you about it. :P

34. Facebook fast for one week - This is my most recently completed one. I did last Monday to this Monday. SO HARD! I knew I got on a lot, but I didn't realize just how much I did. At work, it's just second nature to check in the down times, and I usually start my day with everyone's updates. Here is my conclusion: it's great to keep up with everyone, but I don't need to spend as much time as I do there. There are much better things I could be doing with my time.

40. Attend a photography class or workshop - I attended a two-day workshop at Provocreative and it was a blast, kids. I am now adept with even the peskiest buttons on my camera. :)

41. Attend a midnight premiere in costume - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, as Nymphadora Tonks, complete with pink hair.

45. Get a mani/pedi - Colette and I went on our day off and had a lovely time. I got blue sparkles on my fingers and toes and it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I highly recommend the experience!

48. Try 20 new restaurants - I finished this one only 8 months into the challenge. I should have done more. Either way, this has been the most delicious goal yet. Highlights include Five Guys, Ripple's (the drive-in from The Phone Call), and The Bayou (CAJUN!).

53. Grow a plant from a seed - I grew cilantro. On our windowsill. And ate it. It was great.

56. For one month, pay for everything in cash and save all the change - I did this in July and August and I ended up with a total of $28.14. Which I converted to an Amazon gift card at the Coinstar. Yesssssss.

64. Buy and eat a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store - I think this one was inspired by Amelie. I did it. Not all in one sitting, but over a few days.

85. See 50 movies off my 'to-see' list - Another one where the number should have been higher. My favorites were: How to Train Your Dragon, Toy Story 3, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Son of Rambow, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, Tangled, Whip It, and Megamind. Good times.

96. Buy crazy eyeshadows - They are the craziest.

97. Visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Another trip that was assisted by work. I did a seminar on Saturday and visited the park on Sunday. I'll refer you to the previous vlog post for more details, but all in all, a great thing.

Like I mentioned, a great deal more are in progress. I'm also thinking of editing/changing some of them completely. I'm a year in, and I feel like I have that right. If I genuinely do not care about something anymore, I don't feel like I should do it. Opinions?

Anyway, I'm off for adventures!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

THE PHONE CALL! I'm so glad you've seen that as well. I'm really impressed with all of your goal setting and goal accomplishing, sincerely. I need to take a fast food break, fo sho . . .

Annelise said...

That's so awesome! I'm proud of you! If only you has assist on a wedding cause you've done that now too. :-) I agree that you should be able to alter things that no longer matter to you. Lifes about change and you're already doing such a great job. I totally support you!!!