Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fireworrrrrrrrrrrrrks!

Thrice weekly blog post 13 of 15

I cannot forget to blog tomorrow or Thursday or I will fail this entire challenge. Oh my. I had hoped to have a cushion, but I forgot on Sunday and Monday both. Daaaaaaang.


Here is some wonderful news: aerial fireworks are legal in Utah this year! Yay-uh! So you'll be seeing a lot of bigger ones. If you're interested in shooting your own, you might have to ask about them at the store. They aren't allowed to leave them available for the customers to just grab. This is serious business.

ALSO! Fireworks are legal for an entire month. From June 26th to July 26th. This is awesome, but also bad. Last year they were allowed for three days before and after the 4th and the 24th. I'm already pretty sure I'm going to spend at least double what I spent last year. And last year I spent $100. On just those 12 days.

On a related note, my complex doesn't let me shoot off fireworks, so if anyone wants to let me set them off at their domicile or perhaps knows of a good abandoned lot, I'd be much obliged. Though it does seem some parks in Provo are legal. And one right by my house! Yesssssssssssss.

But I'm super excited. I love fireworks. Like love love them. I hope my friends in the Black Cat tent will come back. They had wonderful things.  I will buy lots, guys, so please, just come baaaaaack!

ALSO ALSO! Sparklers + extended exposure = AWESOME photos. Just you wait, guys. I'll post some winners.

So, enjoy your fourth celebrations, and be safe with your 'works.

No comments: