Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Complete: 17. Play 10+ Spiel des Jahres or Kennerspiel award winning games + 34. Pierogi making party! + 64. Buy 5 new dresses that I love

This week was all sorts of productive, thanks mostly to Jeska, my friend who lives sort of nearby.

She and her husband got 2 Spiel des Jahres games which we played this weekend, so now I have played 10 new ones!

  1. Codenames
  2. Enchanted Forest
  3. Istanbul
  4. Tikal
  5. Scotland Yard
  6. Broom Service
  7. Legends of Andor
  8. Ghost Fightin' Treasure Hunters (in the form of Ghostbusters: Protect the Barrier)
  9. Azul
  10. Kingdomino
I liked them all except for Tikal and Legends of Andor. Enchanted Forest was also a bit meh. The rest I liked a lot, but favorites were Istanbul and Broom Service. 

We also had a pierogi making party, as it's a lot of work for one person. I attempted gluten-free ones and they turned out pretty good! Jeska even said she preferred my dough to her glutenous one. She had some blue potatoes, so we used those for the filling and they turned out a lovely lavender color. So delightful! But so many pierogies, hahaha (that's also why we made it a party).



And finally, I have purchased the last dress, though it actually ended up being a skirt. But hear me out!

We were at Target over the course of our time together and Jeska was showing me the cute purses and accessories they have in the girls section (cake purses! cat ears! sparkly snowflake headbands!), when I spied a glorious tulle skirt with shiny stars all over it. I lamented that they always make the cutest clothing for girls, but I had the urge to find the largest size and pull it off the rack. I tried it on and it totally fit. I found a perfect shirt to go with it, but I assumed the shirts couldn't possibly fit as well. How wrong I was! I am glad to tell you that I can fit into some XL girls' clothes:


I'm not thinking they would all fit - especially not their pants or dresses. And while I do love dresses, this skirt is just too glorious, and the revelation that I can shop at least a little in the girls' section is too marvelous to not include this in the list. Consider this one done!

56 items done! 56 days left!




2 comments:

Emily said...

This is all wonderful!! I want to meet Jeska sometime, she just sounds lovely. What type of flour did you use for your pierogies? And I love that you were able to find that skirt in a size that fit you, because you look absolutely adorable in it!! :D

Sara P said...

She is lovely. I wish you guys could meet, too! I think you guys would like each other a lot!
I used a flour blend and put it together myself, with the help of Winco's bulk bins: https://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/better-than-cup4cup-gluten-free-flour-blend-d-i-y-how-to/