Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Complete: 40. Find my scent + 95. Take a local cooking class

My stepmom believes everyone should have a scent. Her mother wore Red Door, and she wears Lulu, which I think they actually quit making, but she stockpiled it. Grandma gave me Red Door for Christmas one year, but I couldn't wear it - it smelled too much like her. I couldn't take it for myself. I like the idea of having a scent of my own, but ultimately, I haven't been able to decide on anything. I don't know if it's in the cards for me to have just one scent, so what I did do is collect a bunch that I do like!


I found this company - Demeter Fragrance Library - and they have great, unique scents. I got thunderstorm, cedar, lilac, chai tea, Fraser fir, pistachio ice cream, dandelion, honeysuckle, watermelon lollipop, mojito, and saltwater taffy came as a free gift for spending lots of money, hahaha.

My favorites are watermelon lollipop - it smells just like watermelon candy, honeysuckle - such a nostalgic scent for me; it reminds me of picking honeysuckle in GA as a kid and sucking out the nectar, and dandelion - I don't know how they did it, but it smells just like a dandelion. I love that scents can just bring back a memory or help me recharge and focus.

I'm looking forward to using these ones up and then I can get more! They have more crazy scents that I need to try.

I also completed my local cooking class, but by local, I mean I had to drive an hour and a half away for it, since I live in the middle of nowhere now. I wish I had done this one when we were still in Utah, but I didn't know how good I had it there.

I looked for a community ed class and found a hot pot class through Kennewick Continuing Education. It was taught by a cute, old Taiwanese woman who didn't really act like she knew what she was doing? But we basically got to eat all the hot pot we wanted, so I was okay with it in the end.



I have an induction burner and I've always wanted to try hot pot, so now I feel fairly confident I can pull it off. She did show us some ingredients and their packaging which was helpful for me. I can handle the Japanese section of the Asian stores, but the Chinese has always been a bit mystifying. I'll be trying it myself soon!

No comments: