Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Complete: 86. Collect 10+ new smashed pennies and clean and organize my collection

I took advantage of my day off work for MLK Day to finally finish my pennies. I had collected 10 new ones as of October:
  1. Spokane Riverfront Park - World's Largest Radio Flyer Wagon
  2. Silverwood Amusement Park - Tremors
  3. Jelly Belly Factory
  4. Santa Cruz Boardwalk
  5. Yosemite Valley
  6. Saguaro National Park
  7. Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
  8. Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival
  9. Vernal Field Museum
  10. Epcot (I got one for each country there plus a few more, so...way surpassed 10 with this one)

This site has been invaluable in finding penny machines.  Super shout out!

Having collected my 10, I went through my collection and cleaned the ones that needed it. I discovered the best process was first salt and vinegar, then rubbing it with a baking soda paste. A pencil eraser got rid of some things, too. Just look at the difference for this one:



Heck! What a beaut!


Having cleaned, it was time for organization. I wanted to find a way some novel way to organize them, but I finally determined chronologically is the best way to keep doing it.  I consolidated my folders and I'll continue to fill as I collect.



25 items done, wooooooo!


1 comment:

Colette said...

I'm impressed with how clean you got them!