Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Wednesday Night's Alright For Blogging

On Saturday, I finished Cakes strong with some adorable cupcakes for a Primary luncheon:

I made cream cheese whipped cream frosting and I will never make another frosting as long as I live. It almost didn't make it to the cupcakes, I liked it so much. That's saying a lot, as I usually end up scraping frosting off my baked goods.

Sunday started Pies for my Year of Bakes. Piemaster Julie led me through her world-famous strawberry pie:

I want to try hand pies/pasties, a pie with a lid (chicken pot, probably) and maybe a slab pie. So many pies! This is technically Pies/Tarts month, but I don't know if I'll get to any tarts. They could count as Pastries, too, maybe? So perhaps I'll just shift them along.

I also finished watching Akage no An, the Anne of Green Gables anime that Isao Takahata and Hayao Miyazaki worked on in the 70s. It was SO delightful. Anne's imagination can really come to life when it's animated. :) Now to find something new for my Japanese watching!

I started reading The Fellowship of the Ring because I've never actually read LOTR and it's on my shelf so I have to. I'll finally get that nerd cred I was missing.

That's really it for this week. Next week is week 52(!) so I guess you'll get a one year update!

No comments: