Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Complete: 5. Make 10+ recipes from Cooking With Dog

If you haven't seen Cooking with Dog, you should remedy that right now. It's a delightful YouTube cooking show featuring the mysterious chef and her wonderful dog, Francis. Here is what I made under their tutelage:

1. Omurice - it's basically a ketchup rice omelette, but it is one of my very favorite Japanese foods


2. Gyudon - which is basically an excuse for me to eat pickled ginger. 


3. Chicken curry - this one was a bit of miss, unfortunately


4. Iri Dofu - a tofu veggie scramble that we liked a whole more than we thought we would


5. Matcha panna cotta - which was apparently worse than the chicken curry as I didn't even bother to photograph it

6. Pork Shogayaki - ginger and pork - what more could you want?


7. Hamburg Steak - I made tiny ones


8. Inari Zushi - My very favorite sushi, though not many know about it - it's sushi rice in a fried tofu skin. Chef makes hers even more delicious with the addition of carrots, seaweed, and mushrooms


I made both of the above for a delicious bento lunch:


9. Dry curry with beans - Hubster really liked this one - I think it was a bit rich for me. I also super failed on that egg, hahahah


10. Potato Salad (Japanese style) - such a good one to end on - it doesn't look like much, but it is DELISH


I think part of me has always known how much you can learn on YouTube, but besides the occasional tutorial, I've never really sat down and watched instructional videos. This goal makes me want to actively look for more videos that can help me. I hope I can learn more about many topics in the future!

No comments: