Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Complete: 56. Run a fun 5K

As you might remember, I ran a 5K back in March, but it was a bit laughable in the fun department. My favorite part was the apathetic teenagers running the homemade "obstacles." So I decided to try again with the Bubble Run. It didn't turn out to be a true 5K - it was only 2.5ish miles - but it was certainly fun. Well, fun enough. It needed more bubbles.


Running through the bubble bogs really only got your legs:

They did have bubble cannons at the finish line, at least (but these bubble were really wet):

So overall I guess it was fun! And even if it wasn't a true 5K, it's more in line with what I had in mind. Good enough! We are now officially in the "cutting myself slack" phase to get as many done as I can. Definitely not counting on getting the 85 completed that I was goaling for. I'll be happy to get 60, I think. I have 20 weeks left, so if I try to have one completed every week until then, I'll hit 59. I think that's reasonable. 

And completing one every week is doable! I've made progress this week: I started taking an internet course today (#39) and we found a cute old lady at the county fair advertising a square dancing class in town so we'll probably do that (#63). We did have friends offer to teach us some basics in social dance, but I'm not sure if that counts. I also found out there's a Washington Old Time Fiddlers Association so I can switch to that for #90 - gotta practice! Adventure Time wraps up in September, as well (#92). I've been reading too many library books, so I need to get back on track there, but I have been making good progress with Shakespeare (#14). It's just too tempting when the library will mail things to me! And I do still have to have fun as per #38, so I won't try too too hard. :) A lot of the items will be finishing up in December, too, so I'll get a nice boost right before my time runs out. Totally doable! Getting stuff done!

No comments: