Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Complete: 62. Follow an elimination diet to see if I have food intolerances

We did it! It took us much longer than 30 days, but the Whole30 is complete. We reintroduced gluten on Sunday to no ill effects beside being super sleepy.

I was really hoping for a magic cure-all, but I should have known better. At least we know that we're not allergic to anything!

Overall, we did feel better eating clean, but I think that is to be expected - it's not a food intolerance, it's just that bods don't like eating junk. We are definitely motivated to have veg and real stuff in our diet. We do want to eat less meat. That's one thing we felt bad about on Whole30 - having meat for almost every meal.

I was really hoping this would help my digestive issues, but I still had a few. My next thing to try will be a low/no FODMAP diet. FODMAPs are some carbohydrates that don't get absorbed easily. That's for another time, though, so for now, I'm done with another goal! Wooooo!




1 comment:

Emily said...

Yay!! Good job! I'm so impressed with your will power! And I'm going to need to get some of the recipes you guys tried..