Wednesday, March 28, 2018

I ran a 5K and it didn't even count!

5K Update: I ran it! It just wasn't quite as "fun" as I had in mind. There was a giant inflatable at the end we had to run through, but the rest of the obstacles were apathetic teenagers holding limbo sticks or directing us to run through tires. My favorites were the ones holding encouraging signs that said things like "I believe in you!" when their body language told you they most certainly did not.

However, there were many good dogs, so I still think it was a success:


I think I need to wait until summer when the big fun things like the Color Run or the Bubble Run or the Glow Run come. It was good practice, though! And running/walking intervals with Colette made it fairly manageable! I did it!

We're almost done with season 8 of Adventure Time, I finally read Black Beauty (it's been on my shelf since I was 7), and I'm working on my cookbooks. I'm working through my Mastering Copperplate Calligraphy book, too - finished with the miniscules. We've added corn, beans, and rice back into our diet with only corn being questionable, so far. It's so nice to methodically check everything, even if it means I find out I shouldn't be eating things.

Keep doing things (I say to myself and to you)!

2 comments:

Emily said...

That dog montage was the best. Thank you for that. And how was Black Beauty? Pretty sure that's been on my shelf to read since I was 7 as well haha :)

Sara P said...

Black Beauty was pretty good actually! It was a quick read once I finally decided to do it, haha. I think you, as a horse lover, should definitely read it.