Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Complete: 91. Beat Dinky Park

I've been playing Roller Coaster Tycoon on and off since like, 6th grade. I love managing everything. I love picking the sickest guest and naming them Barfo and following them around the park as they continue to ride rides that make them sicker. I love getting the balloon stall and watching them fill my park. I love making money. I would certainly never pick up guests and drop them in the water or leave them off paths (On a related note, you should check out this review of a RCT park as if it's a real park someone visited - I did have some deaths in my parks, but they were very rare).

For years, though, I'd get stuck at one particular scenario: Dinky Park. It's a minuscule park, and you need to get a $10,000 park value, which is just impossible with the land you have. There's a parcel of land you can buy to expand, but the parcels aren't connected. You can only buy the rights to extend your rides over the land between it. For the life of me, I couldn't make it work.

I've finally done it. It actually wasn't that hard, so I feel pretty silly, but nonetheless, I did it! To be fair, I was never really into constructing rides from scratch, and that's what it took to get it, so I'll cut myself some slack.


The original land is to the left, added land to the right in the lake, connected by a train line.


The only problem is people didn't know how to take the train over, so the original parcel got suuuuuper crowded. 


I ended up dropping people over there who were trying to get to the roller coaster, but I also ended up having to help people to the exit, as they couldn't get back over once they went on the train. People. 

Anyway, it doesn't matter if people actually rode the rides in the new parcel - just having them boosted the park value. 

So I did it! I now have 16 out of 101 goals completed!

1 comment:

Colette said...

I never played that game, but that review is hilarious.