Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Complete: 84. Keep a consumption instagram for 1 year

I'm done! One whole year of posting my food on instagram. I love that I have a record of this. I think it's really fascinating to go back and look at things.

I had 2096 posts in the end, that's an average of 5.7 photos per day.

I only posted pictures of empty or mostly empty vessels 7 times (though confession: I probably forgot a few more times than that. But only a few, I promise!)

166 of the photos were from eating out
75 were takeout eaten at home

28 photos were from samples at Costco or the like
6 hotel breakfasts
3 weddings' worth of food - probably like 20 photos

sandwiches:
32 salami
30 tuna
8 tomato
4 BLT
I realize I should have counted ham, but I'm not going through the photos again...it would probably be between tuna and tomato

2 mini donut batches
2 cotton candies
6 rosemary shortbreads
7 crazy breads

It took me 2 months to finish a box of chocolates, it being featured in 4 photos.

my most popular snack was popcorn: 98 times
44 almonds
34 sunflower seeds
34 cucumbers
27 peanuts
26 fries

popular dinners included
31 refried bean tacos
23 mabo dofu
21 manchurian cauliflower and tofu
12 cilantro chicken dumplings

most popular restaurants were
Kohinoor 10 photos
Cubby's 8
Bombay House 8
Ganesh 6
Shoga 6
McDonald's 6

I guess we've learned that I like popcorn and Indian food. But we knew that already!

Instagram deleted my old account apparently, so keep following me @everythingsaraeats for now. I may change the name in the future, but it'll be the same account. I would hate for Instagram to delete my food record so I'll stay there.

I hope you all enjoyed looking at my food!

1 comment:

Colette said...

So proud of you. :-)