Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Complete: 4. See 10+ new plays live

One more down!

I saw:

  1. The Foreigner at the Covey Center 
  2. Antony and Cleopatra by the Grassroots Shakespeare Company
  3. See How They Run at the Hale Center Theater
  4. Princess Academy the Musical by Kensington
  5. The Merchant of Venice by the Grassroots Shakespeare Company
  6. The Crucible at BYU
  7. Mother Wove the Morning by Welcome Table Productions
  8. The Barber of Seville at BYU
  9. Seussical at the SCERA Shell
  10. Noises Off at the Mercury Theater 
A big shout out to Grassroots for being lovely, as always. Merchant of Venice is seldom produced, as it does have strong anti-semitic messages - I felt like they handled it well. Portia is hands down my favorite Shakespeare lady now.

The Foreigner, See How They Run, and Noises Off were all hilarious. If you get the chance, you should see them. The Foreigner was my favorite of the three.


Mother Wove the Morning was amazing - I actually saw it twice, it was so good. It explores the feminine divine and it was so so cathartic to see it. It's also discouraging to realize how far we have to go, but reassuring to know others feel the same as me. I loved Lydia and Elizabeth Cady Stanton and every character in it. I'm on the hunt for Carol Lynn Pearon's performance of it on DVD.

I'm glad I've seen so many great plays!

1 comment:

Colette said...

All those plays sound awesome. Let's go to all the plays together now that I'm moving back, ok? :-)