Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Monthly Projects

So I'm in the midst of 2 years of 30-day projects. They say 30 days is long enough to make or break a habit, and I think it's a good way to try out things I may want to develop either into habits or bigger goals.

So far I've done daily dishes, banjo practice, wearing earrings, reading for one hour, and brush lettering. Each month I've definitely felt an impact from my project and I've tried to keep up on them when I finished.

This month I'm focusing on my morning routine. Let me tell you about how I usually spend my mornings. I usually don't even bother getting out of bed and I scroll Facebook, or most recently, tend to my Magikarps in Magikarp Jump. We're talking like a full hour of mindless phone stuff.

Now, I'm taking time to read in the mornings - I don't even look at my phone - as well as doing some stretching and thinking. I go through my bullet journal every morning and pick out one or two things to do right then if I can. It's great to already have accomplished something before I even go to work, and it helps me feel more focused for the day.

Maybe once I get a handle on the overwhelming daily to-do's, I'll be able to pick something for my 101 list to do every morning. That would be pretty great, but might also be enough for it's own 30-day project.

Any other ideas for me? I have 18 more of these to fill!


2 comments:

Emily said...

Those are all awesome! I'm planning to do a year of 30 day projects, and some ideas I've come up with are - writing haiku, be outside for 30 minutes, cross stitching, and giving a sincere compliment to someone each day. I'm excited to see what other things you do!

Sara P said...

These are great suggestions! I should do a crafting month. And being outside sounds great, too! I think I'll wait til a little cooler weather. :)