Thursday, June 23, 2016

Exciting plans!

Well, dang it, I missed my deadline again! I'm limiting myself to 10 misses/late posts, so if I can only do this 8 more time for the remainder of my 1001 days. Goodness, self, get it together!

On my very first 101 list, I learned how to say "garlic" in 20 different languages. This was because my grandpa used to say "If you know how to say garlic in any language, you can get a good meal anywhere." I didn't meet my grandpa - he died before I was born - but his love for garlic lives on. My father has it, and I have it.

I'm happy to announce that we'll finally have a family representative at the Gilroy Garlic Festival (considered one of the best food festivals in the country) this year (hint: it's me). With this, I'll check off item 20 - go to a food festival. This place sounds amazing. There's a garlic cook-off and garlic ice cream. You can take your picture with a giant bulb of garlic!

Conveniently, the Jelly Belly factory is in the area, so I'll also check off item 41 - go on a new factory tour. I've also looked up smashed penny locations, and I can add at least 3 new pennies for item 86.

For the fun of it, we'll probably do some other things while we're out - visit The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz and try and find some slugs, and also go to Yosemite. We're so pumped for our trip!

And most importantly, I'll finally be able to check something off my list!

No comments: