Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Wrapping up the bakes!

I baked melon pan on Saturday, which is something I've always wanted to do.


 Melon pan is a Japanese bun wrapped in cookie dough. One of them exploded, haha.


I'm really glad for my year of baking as it's pushed me to make so many new things and so many thing I've been wanting to make anyway!

It's the last month and I've declared it potpourri month to catch all (well, 4 of) the things that didn't fit into categories or things I still want to bake. I've got to finalize things quickly, but here are my ideas:
  • Japanese-style Christmas cake
  • Chinese steamed buns (I've done savory, but never sweet)
  • Butter mochi
  • Japanese-style cheesecake
  • Chilean bread
  • Sourdough (never did sourdough!)
  • Beef Wellington (the poor man's version with ground beef)
  • Savory kolaches/filled buns 
  • A modern art dessert
  • Clafouti
  • A galette (informal pie)
  • No knead bread
  • A decent whole wheat loaf
I could include the international recipes in item #69, so maybe that will help me decide. Hm! We'll see!


No comments: