Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Short-term goals

As of today, I have 400 days left on my list!

400 days and 79 items left. Yikes. I think I'll take some of Christmas break to re-evaluate and decide if I'm changing anything. I'll probably be changing some things.

I'm really glad that I challenge myself with these things, but it's also a little discouraging because I feel like there's not much I could just go out and get done in a day. So many of my goals take time and have multiple steps. Maybe I should make it a little easier on myself.

Let's review. Here are the things I could theoretically get done in a day:
  • #12: Ride the Heber Valley Railroad (if it wasn't frigid)
  • #15: Culling of the cookbooks (this would be a pretty large task for one day, though)
  • #16: Finish a grown-up coloring book (if I colored all day)
  • #18: Make bottle cap magnets (I just need to get clear resin)
  • #23: Host a Rummikub tournament (just gotta organize)
  • #34: Pierogi making party (ditto)
  • #35: Go to 10+ Provorem restaurants (I only have 3 left so I could do a full day of eating out. Actually this is a great idea. I'm going to do this. Why have I not thought of this before???)
  • #53: Get a massage (Colette, you just need to hook me up with your friend. Let's do this already.)
  • #67: Build a fancy cake for someone (but that one day would need to be a special occasion. Or not?)
  • #73: Create a map of my heart (though I'm sure this could easily take longer - I'm so bad at deciding things)
  • #85: Go to the Penguin Encounter at the Living Planet Aquarium (it just has to be the right day - Wednesday)
  • #86: Collect 10+ smashed pennies, clean, and organize my collection (all that's left is cleaning and organizing - totally doable in a one day project)
  • #90: Attend a Utah Old Time Fiddlers Association meeting (again it has to be the right day, but it could be done)
  • #100: Host a miracle berry party (just gotta get them berries!)
Okay, so what I got out of this is I need to eat three meals out in one day. I think that was worth it. Happy blogging!

2 comments:

Colette said...

I'll join you in eating out 3 times in a day. Especially if they're new letters I need. And I just sent you Meagan's contact info. Let's get this stuff done!

Emily said...

Bottle cap magnets! Next crafternoon/evening! :D