Thursday, September 30, 2021

Happy Fall!

Hello friends! It's been a very busy month in 101 terms and regular life terms! Though I guess 101 should really be counted as regular life for me, haha. 

Completed:

27. visit a new Shakespeare festival

  • Okay, so this one is hecka modified, but I'm not traveling to a Shakespeare festival anytime soon (if there were one I could travel to). Earlier in the pandemic, we did 30 days of Shakespeare for G's 30 before 30 List, and since then I've watched a few others online. I saw 6 new versions, a few collections/non-fiction specials, and re-watched a few favorites that G hadn't seen (She's the Man!!). We were also able to see an outdoor performance of The Comedy of Errors by the Seattle Shakespeare Company, and while it wasn't a festival, it was a new company, at least. So I'm calling this one good! Yeah substitutes! 

53. get all the Stardew Valley achievements

  • I did it! This month I wrapped it up with Full Shipment - shipping every possible item, and Craft Master - crafting every possible item. Heck. I kind of can't believe I got it done with so much time to spare. There are technically 2 achievements still in Steam, but they are tied to the in-game video game that's nearly impossible for me, so I'm not going to do them. I think the game views them as extra credit, as well, as I already got the ultimate hat from the the hat mouse, which you literally earn by achieving all achievements. So if the game says good enough, I'm gonna take it! WOooooooo! 
Look at that elegant turban. Bask in the glory of our 17,000,000 monies.

65. modify a thrift store painting
  • This one took so long because I needed just the right thing to repaint, haha. I think I'm pretty happy with results, though! I added some good ol' makkuros to this cat print using Posca paint markers. I love the idea that maybe these cute lil' soot sprites are what cats are seeing when they do their crazy cat things.
80. enter art into the county fair a local art show
  • I've modified this one due to moving and not knowing about the fair situation here. I  also discovered https://www.6x6nw.org/ and felt like I should count it, so here we are! I submitted a 10-piece series of digitally calligraphed quotes from the Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery. All pieces for this art show are 6x6 inches and they sell for $36 (6x6!). It goes on sale tomorrow (October 1st), actually, so if you want to purchase some Sara art, you've got a great opportunity!

Updates:

8. pick me up list/Sara canon

  • I've got my lists figured out, but I'm working on collating and cataloging them. Here's a sneak peek:

72. complete 12 30-day projects (9/12)
  • This month I focused on my Sara Reads and Letters challenge over on my instagram. I got 15 posted for the 30 days, and I think that's pretty good. I just tried to spend a little bit each day working on it. Gotta keep it up, though! I'm lettering a quote from every book I've read this year, and even with this focus, I'm only on book 60 of over 100, hahahahhahahahha.
75. get business cards
  • So I've taken some really big business steps this month! You can check me out on instagram @brightlexicon, or at brightlexicon.com. Heck. This month I designed a logo and now I'm working with Friend of the Blog and All-Around Amazing Person Emily to get business cards printed!! What the what. Along with this, expect movement on #77, etsy shop around the corner. (And deciding if this counts for a personal website or if I should get my name .com, tooo??) 
78. keep a visual journal/artistic bullet journal for 3 months
  • I started it! I'm not very good at it! But it's in progress, haha.
96. wikipedia cooking challenge
  • This month I made rissoles and samosas - yum! (also definitely feeling dumpling fatigue and so glad this year is almost over, hahahah - why did I pick something so involved??)


4 items done! 52 items now complete! Many items in the works! I'm over halfway, with just under 6 months left, and I'm feeling confident! Woooooooo!


No comments: