Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Where the heck did August go?

 It feels like I was just blogging here last week. What the what.

Completed:

5. digitize my lifebox

  • I'm calling this one good! I did most of the work before our move earlier this year, and I do still have some things, but they're things I'm intentionally choosing to keep, not just things that were passed on to me because they're relevant to me. And I have digital copies of all those relevant things. :) It feels good to pare down in an area where it felt wrong to get rid of things. Now I decide what's important to me and how to preserve those things. I hope I can continue in this vein and not let things build up again. 
22. read 30 new Caldecott award or honor books
  • I read 9 Caldecott books this month to finish out my 30. I've really enjoyed this one. Children's books are so fun and the Caldecotts especially just have amazing art. My favorites this month were Frog and Toad are Friends by Arnold Lobel, A Different Pond by Bao Phi and Thi Bui, and The Noisy Paint Box - illustrated by HP illustrator Mary Grandpre!
29. join a choir
  • In the spirit of making things easier on myself and also making things possible, I'm calling this one done. I joined a choir back in Moses Lake but it was just prior to COVID and we never got to perform or anything. But I DID join. I definitely want to look into a music activity of some sort to be involved in here once, you know, airborne transmission possibility goes down.

Updates:

2. digitally transcribe my journals

  • I finished another one of these finally. I grossly underestimated how long it would take me to do this one. I think I'm going to modify this one to just complete up to my marriage to G (we commonly refer to the time before I knew him as B.G., so we'll just complete the B.G. journals and I'll work on the others for another list, I think. This was really ambitious. Consider it modified!
11. study 12 famous chefs and cook 5 of their recipes each (6/12)
  • This month I cooked from Gregory Gourdet's new cookbook: Everyone's Table. We had amazing green smoothies, but ended up only having green smoothies for a meal because I forgot to halve the recipe. Whoops! Also very good was an asparagus salad with sunflower seed furikake. Yum!
33. attend ECCC or another major con with Garrett
  • ECCC has been rescheduled for this December and it's a vaccinations required event, so we feel comfortable going (but still being super cautious). We only got tickets for one day since G is a new kid with few days off, haha, but one day counts!
91. play 20 games from Board Game Geek's top 200 (17/20)
  • This month I played The Crew: Quest for Planet Nine, an interesting cooperative trick taking game, and Century: Golem Edition, a super cute golem collecting game (it's probably more about collecting and trading resources, but those golems are just too cute!). I think Century has actually since been bumped from the top 200, but it was there when we played it, so it totally counts.
96. wikipedia cooking challenge

Pop Tarts are totally dumplings - think about it. Plus Quenelles.

And with that, we're at the official 6 months left mark. Just 25 weeks. 175 days. 

This month will be busy as I'm getting back to a 30-day project and my starting my 3 months of art journaling/fancy bujo-ing. And with such a short amount of time left, I really need to crack down on the items left. A lot of them are less "work a little every day" and more "special project to devote some hours to and finish" so I need to plan for a project every week, at least - maybe 2. 

I'm currently at 48 items done, but I'm on track to do improve my numbers from last list. On 101 3.0 I got 81, so I just need to hit 82, haha. Even one more goal is improvement, and that leaves the door open for further improvement on 101 #5. Can't set that bar too high, haha.

No comments: