Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Complete: 19. Re-read Harry Potter

I love Harry Potter. I haven't re-read the whole series in a while (and maybe only once before now?), so I needed to do it again. It was really like sitting down and catching up with an old friend. 

I was late to the party - I got the Sorcerer's Stone for Christmas in sixth grade and Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban had both already been released by then. I caught up fast and made it to a midnight release party for Goblet of Fire. I remember being proud that knew how to pronounce Hermione's name because my dad knew it.

Harry and I were the same age when a few of the books were released and I savored that connection. The seventh book came out when I was studying abroad in Japan. I wanted to read it so badly, but I to wait until I came home, at which point I devoured it. I did manage to satiate my hunger by reading the Sorcerer's Stone in Japanese that summer, though.

It only took me 18 days to get through them this time! I'm pretty proud I could do it on a short deadline, and especially that I could finish the before our trip to the wizarding world. I'm grateful for all that Harry taught me. I'm excited to introduce it to my children to come.

1 comment:

Colette said...

Proud of you for finishing so quickly! Enjoy your trip!