Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Three months to go!

 Yikes, y'all, it's been a month.

Completed:

44. see a touring Broadway show

  • We were able to score cheap tickets to Mean Girls at the Paramount and they require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test to go, so we did it! It was very weird to be packed in like normal, but we felt better knowing there was a lower risk of transmission. The show was a lot of fun - they did a good job of translating the film, I thought. Though Damian and Janice stole the show, hahaha. It was very well done! We're excited to live so close to real theater again, and we're looking forward to many more shows!



Updates:

11. study 12 famous chefs and cook 5 of their recipes each (7/12)
  • I wrapped up recipes from Sheldon Simeon's Cook Real Hawaii this month. Oh my goodness were these good recipes. We made his SPAM musubi like 3 times alone. Besides that we had Loco Moco rice, garlic shrimp, salt pickled cabbage, and Local-style beef stew. I'm gonna def go back to this cookbook (I actually purchased this one - it's that good). Sheldon was on Top Chef and I loved him there. I'm glad his food is a great as his personality!
30. see 30 new international films (18/30)
  • 3 films this month! I can totally swing 12 more before Februrary ends my list. This month I watched Mostly Martha (Germany), Sami Blood (Sweden), and Minari (US, but majority Korean language, so I'm counting it). I liked them!

72. complete 12 30-day projects (10/12)
  • This month I was in the midst of completing a public art project for the City of Redmond: Dear New Year. It took up so much time. When I was done working on it for the day, I didn't really have energy for much more, so it became this month's 30-day project. Woof. But it's done and it's installed at the park and it's really lovely! If you haven't already, you can check out photos on my instagram.


74. copy a book by hand
  • Officially updating this goal to be my Sara Reads and Letters Project (lettering a quote from each book I read in 2021) instead. I was doing it without any credit for my 101 List and that's dumb. It's the same principle - having a stock of words to letter for practice and (in theory) not being precious about lettering them. I still have about 20 books to letter before the end of the year, so we'll see how it goes!

96. wikipedia cooking challenge
  • This month was varenyky (farmer's cheese pierogi), wontons, and xiao long bao (soup dumplings). I will admit we purchased the XLBs. But we got a new variety from a new restaurant! I've made them before and they were the only X option. I needed a break this time after finishing up Dear New Year, so I happily took a pass. Just 2 dumplings left!


Dear New Year has honestly taken up the majority of my time this month, so here's hoping I can get back into the swing of things to finish this list with a bang! I have a lot of year-long goals finishing up this month, so there's that at least! Woooooo getting things done!

No comments: