Sunday, December 1, 2019

Wow, 6 months, really? November 2019

Forgive me, as this will probably post in December, but please know that I started it on November 30th. :)

Completed:
None, actually! Whoops! I did feel like I did a lot of work on things, though. Have some updates!

Updates:

11. study 12 famous chefs and cook 5 of their recipes each (1/12)

  • I finished my last recipe from Molly Yeh - her recipes are such a delightful combination of cultures. 
17. create a workable studio space in our home
  • I lucked into some free art storage pieces when a friend was cleaning out their garage, so hopefully I can get this done soon! I should take a before picture, haha - it's pretty bad - but I have hopes it will be organized soon!
21. read 30 new Newbery award or honor books (22/30)
  • Just two this month, but I finished up the Little House books! I liked the last two best, probably. 
23. see 30 new animated films (11/20)
  • We saw Smallfoot yesterday evening, so we just squeezed it in for November! The message was a bit heavy-handed, but one that resonated with us deeply. We had originally written this one off as not worth our time, but I'm glad we watched it!
43. subscribe to 5 art magazines for a year (2/5)
  • I got year subscriptions for Bound and Lettered and Letter Arts Review from John Neal and they already sent me my first issues! The former is more instructional, and the latter more inspirational. I think they'll be good for me!
87. cook all recipes from Spice Madam subscription (4/6)
  • I got the New Orleans recipes done this month! Jambalaya, gumbo, maque choux, and roasted oyster mushrooms. Yum! I skipped the dessert, though, because it was deep-fried, and it didn't even use any of the spices from the box, haha. 2 more boxes to go and I'll be done (Israel and Goa, India)
91. play 20 games from Board Game Geek's top 100 (1/20)
  • We got the first one in: Agricola! It's a fun farming game and it's been around for a while - if it's still in the top 100, I guess you know it must be good (it was)! I might need to expand this to the top 200, or allow for replaying ones in the top 100 I've played before because otherwise this one is going to be very expensive, haha.

As 2019 wraps up, I'm thinking about plans for 2020! I'm currently planning on doing the year of holiday celebrations (#31), the year-long reading challenge (#99), and along with that, truly reading 100 books in a year on the list (#4). We'll also be going to ECCC (#33) and maybe even Japan, too, if we can swing it (#32)! I'm wrapping up my year of daily art (not even a 101 list item) and thinking about a year of beautiful writing for next year to focus on lettering and calligraphy (again, not even a 101 list item, but I may be getting a special Christmas gift that will help me with that and also fulfill a goal item :) [#97]). I probably need to add a cooking goal to 2020 so I'm not doing all the huge cooking projects in 2021, though. Gotta think it all through!

I also can't let 2020 take over quite yet - I have a few things to take care of in December still! I should have good updates for you next month. I hope you're all making it through this busy time of year! 

No comments: