Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Coming to you from Washington!

Well, we were here last week, but I didn't write about it, haha.

We are here! Our new place is pretty okay! Our water smelled like rotten eggs for a while, but it's normal now. I think the apartment was empty for a while, so it just needed to work through the pipes. It's a little less fancy than we thought it would be (especially with the price we're paying), but it's doable. And it does have a great kitchen!! I already feel like I've cooked more here, haha. And we have a dishwasher and a washer and dryer!!

We're almost unpacked, just need to get a few last boxes out, and get some pictures hung. So close!

I haven't done a ton of 101 List work, but I did get my library card! They have a mail order hold system, so books come right to your house. How exciting! I'm hoping I can get books I need for my list as well as some movies. It will be hard to keep myself focused with so much material so readily available! But I just have to last a few more months, and then I can check out whatever I want!

Hubster and I decided to live by Johnny Karate's 5 Karate Moves to Success to keep ourselves busy, so we've instituted:
Make Something Monday
Learn Something Tuesday
Karate Chop Something Wednesday (figuratively, probably)
Be Nice to Someone Thursday
Try Something New Weekend (because just Friday might be hard)

I also started a calligraphy/lettering challenge with a friend which will hopefully motivate me to keep my doodle journal (#27), though it's also one more thing distracting me from the goals. Whoops!

I'm coming to terms that I may not have a great success rate on this one. I was aiming for 85 complete or something like that, but I think even just getting 50 will be an accomplishment. And as long as I'm doing things and being productive, I am successful, even if it's not exactly what I planned.

Just like, 5 months left on my list! We'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yay for being close to being unpacked! I wish you the best with your final boxes. We still have some and we've been living in our place for a year...

I can't wait to see how your 5 Karate Moves to Success goes! And to see the results of your calligraphy challenge! And to see how many you get done on this list! It will be interesting to see how where you're living might affect your next list :)